At Western Power Sports, our motto is "work hard, play hard". We are seeking individuals who are passionate about life and bring that energy to their careers. As a member of our team, you will be exposed to the fast-paced powersports environment, which has experienced explosive growth over recent years. We offer competitive pay and benefits coupled with potential for career growth.
Love the great outdoors? Love riding anything with two wheels? Four wheels? Skis? Based in beautiful Boise, Idaho, access to the great outdoors is just outside your front door. So what is it we do? We like to say ""we sell fun." As one of the fastest growing wholesale distributors of aftermarket powersports parts, apparel, and accessories, we are a group of enthusiasts that work hard, play just as hard, and sell fun products to a nationwide network of dealers and fellow enthusiasts.
Beyond our enthusiasm for the powersports industry, we provide many perks besides easy access to a sportsman’s paradise. Take advantage of a fully groomed motocross track, during scheduled company ride days, at our on-site test motocross track; get in a lunchtime workout session at our state-of-the-art gym facility—complete with half-court basketball court; or, take part in our weekly group mountain bike ride.
What else? Well, in case you haven’t noticed already, we like to have fun around here. We value a casual office atmosphere paired with an intense competitive drive to succeed. We strive to bring our customers the best product, service and delivery in the friendliest, most helpful manner possible—while at the same time having fun and enjoying what we do. Sound like fun? Then join us!
If you are interested in joining the WPS team, submit an application and resume to email@example.com. Please include the Job Title in the subject of your email and, if submitting a resume, always include a cover letter. All positions require a completed application unless otherwise stated in the job announcement. Current job openings are posted below. If we do not have a current job opening posted in your area of interest, feel free to e-mail a resume for consideration for future position openings. You can fill out our job application out in Adobe Reader, save it, and then send it to the email address listed above. WPS is an equal opportunity employer and we promote a drug free workplace—a pre-employment drug screening is required.
Download our job applicationApplication for Employment
Jobs at Western Power Sports
Come join the team at WPS!
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a working relationship with outside sales representatives and their dealers to promote increased market share.
- Plan, develop and execute brand direction and marking programs in conjunction with segment management.
- Helps establish and maintain consistent corporate image throughout product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Analyzes market research to identify opportunities for increased sales and future product development.
- Communicate with development teams on market requirements and product features.
- Collaborate with the Marketing department to help develop advertising/promotional programs.
- Coordinate with Purchasing department product ordering and scheduling.
- Guide creation and development of product portfolio and catalog.
- Evaluate and analyze program results and provide recommendations for revisions in brand strategy.
- Travel required throughout the continental USA 40%-50%.
- Manage and run marketing booths at Powersports events/rallies/races around the country.
- Develop and deliver educational materials/presentations during new rep training and national sales meetings.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree (BA) from four-year college or university is preferred. However not required.
- A minimum of two years of related experience and/or training in the power sports industry is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the motorcycle industry, both On-Road and Off-Road is a must.
- Be highly organized, with acute attention to detail.
- Ability to collect and analyze data utilizing market knowledge and experience.
- Strong project management skills.
- Driven work ethic.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Publisher is preferred.
- Experience with both On-Road and Off-Road motorcycles is highly preferred
Interested? Please submit a cover letter, resume, and WPS-INC.com application to firstname.lastname@example.org
WPS/FLY Racing is seeking motivated, established independent sales representatives. House brand FLY Racing (owned by WPS) is one of the fastest growing Mountain Bike and BMX gear brands for helmets, apparel, footwear, and protection. In addition to FLY Racing products, WPS also distributes multiple brands such as Raceface, TIME, Maxxis, Niterider, E13, Pedros, SDG, Schwalbe, HOPE, Maxima, KMC, ODI, Kryptonite and many more. Products are shipped from WPS' six regional distribution centers across the United States.
- Northern California
- West Virginia, Virginia, Kentucky
- Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responds quickly to dealer needs and requests, involving resources as necessary, to deliver solutions and produce sales
- Develops and maintains an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends and responds accordingly
- Introduces and demonstrates new products, using sales samples, WPS catalogs and web resources to emphasize features and benefits
- Effectively communicates the value of a WPS business partnership, including available brands, products, eCommerce options and exceptional dealer support staff
- Assists dealerships in sales-floor layout and point of purchase displays to encourage growth of WPS brands and products
- Designs and implements territory management and account growth strategies
- Creates partnerships to foster cooperation with sales and support team, dealer employees and vendor representatives
- Provides outstanding customer service by identifying and actively addressing dealership needs and requests
- Presents sales samples, specials and related support material to provide comprehensive product presentations
- Proven ability and keen understanding of how to close a sale
- Competitive spirit and an intense ambition to succeed
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, with an acute sense of responsibility and follow-through
- A proactive, solutions-based approach with a desire to provide exceptional customer interactions to drive sales
- A demonstrated ability to meet the growing needs of the customers and company, alike
- Willingness to travel throughout assigned territory using self-provided, reliable transportation
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Apple iPad applications
- Minimum three years of outside sales or industry/dealer-related experience, five years preferred.
We pay excellent commissions. To apply, submit your resume with references to email@example.com.